[ldapvi] cannot compile on solaris

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Thu Mar 29 11:14:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

Quoting silly_sad (sad at bankir.ru):
> checking for main in -lldap... yes
> checking for ldap_initialize in -lldap... no
> configure: error: libldap present but obsolete

okay, that is because libldap from OpenLDAP >= 2.1 is required.

If Solaris does not provide it, please install OpenLDAP manually and set
CPPFLAGS=-I... and LDFLAGS=-L... appropriately.

> $> CC=cc ./configure
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
> checking for gcc... cc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.

Not sure if I ever tried ldapvi with Sun's C compiler, but it should be
possible to make it work.

If using cc is important to you, try setting CFLAGS to something
harmless cc will understand, for example like this.

CFLAGS=-xc99 CC=cc ./configure

Thanks,
David