[ldapvi] Clear password shown in audit logs when using ldapvi

Michael mlstarling31 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 21:21:08 CET 2018

Do you have a test package I could try?

________________________________
From: Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu>
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 6:18 PM
To: Michael; ldapvi at lists.askja.de
Subject: Re: [ldapvi] Clear password shown in audit logs when using ldapvi

On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 22:58 +0000, Michael wrote:
> We when using pam_audit_tty in Red Hat we are noticing that the
> passwords are being captured when using the ldapvi binary only.

If I just stop switching off ICANON (which really doesn't seem to
make sense), I get https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?t
askID=24001635 Does this help your situation? Does the program
work?

Best,

Matěj

--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

A philosopher like Plato, according to Luther's colorful imagery,
remains like a cow who looks at a new door, refusing to enter?