[Entheo-News] Ausverkauf bei Loompanics, einem der kultigsten Undergroundbuchläden

Fachlicher Newsletter der 'Entheogene Blätter' Fachlicher Newsletter der 'Entheogene Blätter'
Don Mar 16 12:46:30 CET 2006

Lang ist es her, dass über diese Liste News verteilt wurden, nun wird
dies wieder etwas häufiger (bis zu vier Mal im Monat) geschehen.

Aktueller Anlass ist der Ausverkauf von Loompanics. Dieser Buchladen war
eine der wesentlichen Quellen psychedelischer und allgemein subversiver
Literatur. Ein Buchversand den es seit Ewigkeiten gibt. Falls also
Interesse an Büchern besteht, die um ca. 75% im Preis gesenkt sind und
schon immer mal im eigenen Regal stehen wollten, wäre ein Besuch bei

http://www.loompanics.com/

nun genau die richtige Idee.

Im Folgenden noch die Originalmail von Jon Hanna, aufgrund derer diese
Newslettermail entstand (leider englisch, aber um dort zu bestellen
sollte man sowieso diese Sprache lesen können).

I was saddened to recently learn that Loompanics, publisher and
distributor of "underground" books, is going out of business.

I was perhaps 14-years-old when I first discovered Loompanics, and their
books had a strong influence on my developing mind. From their titles, I
learned how to pick locks, make pipe bombs, and create fake IDs. I
learned about mail drops and phone phreaking and credit card scams. And
I learned about drugs. One title they distributed, The Anarchist's
Cookbook, contained one of the earliest trip reports on peyote that I
remember reading as a kid. Their book Psychedelic Shamanism, by Jim
DeKorne, was largely what drew me more solidly into the world of drugs.
They probably had some subtle influence on my future work as publisher.

Some of their books are low-budget, low-quality efforts, so it can be a
bit of a crap shoot to order books online. But other titles are quite
good. For example, I really enjoyed Jim Hogshire's Opium for the
Masses, as a concise guide to that plant.

In any case, they are liquidating their remaining stock. While just
yesterday, they offered a 50% discount, today that has been increased to
a 75% discount on all remaining titles. An alphabetical list of the
titles that they offer (noting which ones are low in stock) is updated
daily at their web site: http://www.loompanics.com

Since some of the books Loompanics sells were published by them, those
titles are likely to go out of print. For folks who like to speculate on
such things, OOP drug books can sometimes command absurdly high prices.
For example, D.M. Turner's slim book on Salvia divinorum, OOP a decade
ago, is now asking $145 to $200 via sellers at Amazon.com.

Loompanics is the ONLY company I have ever placed a phone order with
whose helpful staff member asked, "Would you like me to check the box
where it says that you would prefer that we don't sell your name and
address to other companies?"

Anyway, I thought that I would pass the news along.

mit freundlichem Gruß,
Hartwin Rohde

--
| Verlag maiLab         | Tel.: +49 (30) 48492811   |