[ldapvi] multiple organizations in base

Aleksander Adamowski aleksander.adamowski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:36:35 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Dale Harris <rodmur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I was wondering how I do something in ldapvi. The Solaris version of
> ldapsearch utility can do
> something like:
>
> ldapsearch -b piPStoreOwner=$1,o=somewhere.org,o=PiServerDb objectclass=*
>
> with base multiple o='s, or organizations.  I can't seem to do this in
> ldapvi.  Or does anyone have an example how I might do this in ldapvi?

I don't think there's any specific version of ldapsearch in Solaris. More
likely, you're referring to some common implementation, like OpenLDAP's. Is
that so?

The example you've provided looks like ordinary shell variable substitution,
and it doesn't matter whether you apply it to ldapsearch's arguments,
ldapvi's, or for that matter, any other shell command's (for example ls).

Hope that helps,
--
Aleksander Adamowski
 http://olo.org.pl